My health history

✍ 25 Feb 2023

Meenhard makes a grimace

Since I first tried raw food in 1996 I have managed without medication. But in the first few years I had a lot of caries and got a full denture. At that time I also had phases in which I ate a lot of cooked food including sweets. Today I allow myself some cooked food, but normally no sweets and nothing fried. I never say never... Read more about my health history


Meenhard makes a grimace

Since I first tried raw food in 1996 I have managed without medication. But that sounds better than it was. In the first few years I had a lot of caries and got a full denture. At that time I also had phases in which I ate a lot of cooked food, including lots of sweets. They alternated with the raw food phases. Apparently I overwhelmed myself with the intention of a pure raw food diet.

Today I allow myself some cooked food, but normally no sweets and nothing fried. I never say never... but it's long time ago, when I ate sweets. At home I only eat raw (almost everything from our garden), and in the city I eat boiled vegetables in jars and crackers 1-2 times a week, all organic, sometimes I go out to restaurants with other people.

I can't see quite as well as when I was young, I need some distance to read, but I don't use glasses for that. I can see up close better with my left eye and far better with my right eye. My sense of hearing has also deteriorated somewhat over the years, but I can still manage without a hearing aid. I have tinnitus since many years, i.e. a constant high-pitched sound in my ear, sometimes I hear a low sound too. This state has not changed for several years. Emotionally, I feel a bit burdened by my many projects on the finca, of which I can only realize a fraction. I am working on it. I don't think I've ever had a headache. I have no sleeping problems and no other chronic aches or pains. All in all I am happy with my life.

Since September 2022, so for about five months I have not had any illness, only there was a little cough in January. In the last few days I've been sitting at the computer too much and working on this blog.  As a result, I slept less and was sometimes unfocused and tired.

Comments