Winter weather

✍ 9 Feb 2023

Sunrise photographed from my bed

The last few nights here were probably the coldest of the year - around 5 degrees plus. Last night I slept with two jackets, one pair of pants, socks, 3 blankets and I put my sleeping bag on top of that. But it was windy, the wind sometimes blew some blankets aside. Still, I was able to sleep reasonably well... Read more about winter weather


Cold windy nights

The last few nights here were probably the coldest of the year - around 5 degrees plus. Last night I slept with two jackets, one pair of pants, socks, 3 blankets and I put my sleeping bag on top of that. But it was windy, the wind sometimes blew some blankets aside. Still, I was able to sleep reasonably well.

Of course I could slip into my two sleeping bags like with the walkabouts, but I want to protect them. Because I have to buy sleeping bags, and I can find the blankets for free. I have to buy sleeping bags. But the cotton blanket also has a zipper that I can use to turn it into a sleeping bag.  That helps, I'll do it the next night.

I love my bed! 

From the bed I have a beautiful view of a small valley and the sea. There is no window but a few brambles and vines, I routed them so I can look through a hole to the sea. I'm going to set up a removable blanket soon so that I can be a little quieter when it's windy and so that rain doesn't come in with the wind.

And what about Murielle?

She found another solution. She is not here. She attends a spiritual seminar in France, visits friends, soon she goes to Tunisia and participates in a desert trek with camels, then she goes back to France for another seminar... At the beginning of April she comes back here - and then the nights are much warmer. 

But she was here until January 15th.  Her bed is in a tent that is set up in our cottage, but only the inner tent.  It not only protects her from the wind, but also from mosquitoes and flies in summer.  In the last photo you can see the tent, to the right of it my bed.


Sunrise photographed from my bed

My bed, open to outside, we see some climbing plants

My bed, climbing plants

Murielle's inner tent on a wooden platform, on the right my bed
 

Comments