10 Sept 2023

Purulent wounds

I've had these two festering sores for a few days now, and they're getting bigger every day. I have the feeling that I will open the blisters with a needle by tomorrow at the latest. The wounds were probably caused by the small spines of prickly pears (cactus figs). I prefer to hold these fruits in my hand instead of handling them with a knife and fork. I've been doing this for many years, but this time two spots became infected. I think it has something to do with my diet, although this assumption is not scientifically based. Since reducing my fruit intake, I've been eating more cooked veggies, whole grain crackers, and oatmeal. All organic, but it's heated food. A few days ago a bar of organic chocolate was added, with 100% cocoa content, i.e. no added sugar, but the cocoa beans were of cause roasted. In the past, however, I sometimes ate 10 to 20 prickly pears and picked them up directly, apart from many other small injuries that I got on the finca without them becoming infected.
P.S. I opened them, it was necessary. But still the wounds become bigger from day to day. I wonder if it's the contagious form of Staphylococcus.  Therefore I use neemoil for the wounds and avoid touching other people.

2 purulent sores on my fingers

Comments