26 Nov 2023

Inflammation in my foot and leg

11 Nov: I feel something strange in my right foot. It becomes an inflamation, not on the skin but inside.

12 Nov: I walk with crutches, because if I walk without crutches I have pain in the foot.

14 Nov: I have also pain in my leg if I use it for walking. I don't have permanent pain. I eat a raw food diet with little furits, and I fast sometimes a bit.

21 Nov: Our friend Pascale visits us and brings a natural medicine: DSMO, produced by friends in the Alpujarras, and magnesium water. I don't like taking medicine, not even natural medicine. I would like to give my body the time to heal itself without using any means to speed up the healing process. But this time I make an exception. I put the magnesium water on the skin of my leg a mixture of DSMO and magnesium water on the skin of my foot. After a few hours, the inflammation in the foot becomes more severe, the foot becomes warm and hurts a little even when resting. I can't sleep for several hours at night and have to move constantly to endure the pain. I get up and work on the laptop, now it's easier to bear. After a while the pain subsides and I fall asleep.

22 Nov: I try again without any more medicine. The symptoms become a little less.

1 Dec: The leg feels better. I start to use the leg a bit, but I walk with crutches still.

17 Dec: Since some days I walk sometimes without crutches. Yesterday I cycled 14km to the church service and back. Now I notice: it was a bit much, the foot feels a bit worse..

24 Dec: Today and yesterday I cycled to the chruch again. Now it feels ok to do that, although there is still a rest of inflammation in the foot.

26 Mar 2024: In the meantime, I have had my foot checked by a doctor. It seems that I have a small fracture in my foot. It could be from a fall after the paddle tour in Oct 2023. After the examination, I was sent to a hospital in Málaga to have a minimally invasive operation to widen the vein. However, the doctor at the hospital said that the operation was not necessary and that the foot could still heal on its own. I can still feel a difference between my two feet. However, I am cycling to El Morche again. From 14 March, I will try to hike carefully.

I had a similar disease already two times before: In April 2013, during the gathering over Órgiva, I jumped from a 1m high wall and couldn't walk suddenly anymore. I used crutches for about a month. And in October 2021, during the paddling tour, I couldn't walk for a few days.

Comments