20 Sept 2023

Purulent wounds - update

In the meantime, the two large wounds no longer form pus. They have grown big, but now they are clearly healing. A few small pus blisters have appeared, but they didn't get so big because I treated them earlier. The photo is from yesterday, you can see a new pus blister before I opened it. It looks better now, the pus is gone, the wound is just a bit red. Every day I dip a needle into neem oil and open the pus blisters with it - carefully, I don't want to press on the pus blisters too much. And several times a day I put some neem oil on the wound. This is my personal way though, as I had already bought the neem oil, didn't want to buy anything else, didn't want to go to the doctor and felt it would be fine. Normally it is recommended to put a traction pointment on the pus blisters earlier. If that doesn't help, you should have the blister cut open by a doctor.

My fingers with purulent wounds

Update: since 27 Sept I don't use the neem oil anymore, because the wounds are looking better. After the paddling tour in October 2023, I got another infection with pus on my index finger, which I also treated successfully with neem oil.

Comments